Monday 25 June 2012

Book Idea?

A few months ago I had an idea for a book after reading The Seducer's Diary.  The main character, Johannes, loves the thrill of the chase and so beguiles an otherwise indifferent woman to fall in love with him with the aim of breaking her heart.  I found the idea intriguing at the time and I briefly explored the it before  the exam period.  


However, this morning I found myself looking back over my Great Love Series and wondering why I didn't follow through my idea.  It originated from a dream where I seduced a young man only to orchestrate our inevitable break-up.  As if that weren't enough, I wanted to savour the young man's knowledge that he was not the honest person he thought he was and so planned to push him into cheating and getting himself caught.  It was dream that inspired my idea and the influence from Kiekegaard's Seducers Diary is clearly seen.


In some ways, I'm glad I haven't already planned this novella; I can incorporate some of my feminism reading into this book and it more than simply "Girl Meets Boy".  Watch this space for more information nearer the time!


Over and Out,
Faye

No comments:

Post a Comment