Monday 30 April 2012

Design Flaw

In the ICP-Soc meeting last Wednesday, I allocated the articles which are to feature in the Prospective Students Issue and the Freshers Issue of "Newmag".  Now, I need to email out specifications to the students who volunteered regarding content and word count.  I've also looked at the minutes from the meeting that a colleague has sent me and distributed them on the FaceBook page.

However, soon into my responsibilities I became distracted by the prospect of designing the magazine.  At the moment, I have no funding for the magazine available for use and therefore began searching the internet for a free publishing software.  It wasn't long before I found one, began designing a mock-up first page and wasted about an hour before realising that I wouldn't be able to save my design as a PDF.  To add to that, I couldn't add more than five pages when I really needed twelve.  I soon un-installed the software, very much feeling that I squandered my time which could have been spent on something more productive like, let's say, distributing those article specifications.  

Which brings me to a realisation; I need to stop asking people in general to volunteer during meetings to help with design work and actually approach something with IT knowledge who could help me.  I need an IT Consultant.  I have someone in mind who has an eye for detail and a better idea than I on how to get such mythical software packages.  


So, back to those specifications.


Over and Out,
Faye Stone
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment