Saturday 28 April 2012

Work Experience

Last Friday, I submitted my two essays based on my recent Work Placement at a local magazine.  This included a 2000 word reflective essay on my experiences at Go-Woman! and a 1000 word analytical essay comparing a skill learnt at university and applied to my placement.  For this, I studied research methodologies, with particular focus on interview techniques.  


My experience working at a magazine helped me to develop my career plan; I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and feel that I have grown personally and professionally.  To add to this, I have began networking and completed three articles for my editor.  As part of my placement work, I attended Women Making It 2012 in Balsall Heath, Birmingham.  The event was spectacular and afterwards I wrote an article regarding the motivations of various women who have set up their own business or are planning to.  I have found my work to be inspirational, as it often involved speaking to experienced women who were keen to promote others as well as themselves.  


As part of my action plan I outlined in the appendix of my reflective essay, I am continuing to volunteer at Go-Woman!  At the moment, I am currently in correspondence with my editor regarding an article I suggested; I am to interview women with children in the early stages of setting up their own businesses to assess how they cope with the demands of business and children.  I hope this piece will be an encouragement to the women of the West Midlands, allowing them to see that they can be self-employed whilst raising their family.


Over and Out,
Faye Stone
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment